- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Purpose: To improve eye tracking and accuracy of visually guided fine motor movements.
Materials: Straw Pointer or Stiff Wire Eye patch
1. Cover one eye with a patch. Have your helper hold the straw in front of you.
2. Hold the pointer beside your unpatched eye and guide it into the straw. Try to make the movement into the straw steady and consistant.
3. Practice with the straw in different locations, having your helper move it between each successful stroke.
4. Repeat while having your helper move the straw in a circle or irregular path. Try to maintain smooth motion into the straw with the pointer.
5. Do this procedure with each eye.