- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Purpose: To introduce the relaxing and flexing of the lens within the eye that controls accommodation (clearing and blurring).
Materials: Eye patch Transparent bullseye or small transparent Hart chart
Procedure: 1. Cover one eye with your eye patch.
2. Hold the bullseye in front of the unpatched eye, about 4 inches from your face. Stand in front of a window or where you can look far across a room.
3. Look through the transparent bullseye and focus far in the distance. Notice with your peripheral vision how blurry the bullseye is when you are looking far.
4. Pull your focus in and make the close bullseye as clear and crisp as you can. Notice how blurry the distance looks in your peripheral vision when you are focusing close.
5. Practice going from focusing far to focusing close several times.
6. Try this activity with both eyes.