- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 01-12-2017
Reasons You Might Experience Trouble with Reading In Kennewick
If you are having difficulty reading, you may need vision therapy. Problems such as Lazy eye, dyslexia or even chronic headaches may benefit from therapy at the eye clinic in Kennewick or Yakima. As local developmental optometrists, we are unique, specializing in treating eye conditions related to physical coordination between the two eyes, or communication issues between the eyes and brain. If you, or someone you care for, has suffered brain trauma or has blurred vision and headaches, these are common causes of reading difficulty. At Washington Vision Therapy, we help individuals of all ages to read comfortably and get more meaning from what they read.
Eye Problems that Benefit from Vision Therapy in Yakima
When you or your child has trouble reading, vision therapy can provide the necessary help you require to read more easily and focus better. We treat those with difficulty reading due to the following conditions:
- Convergence Insufficiency (Difficulty pulling eyes inward, eyes do not coordinate well for near vision)
- Dyslexia (Difficulty reading where people switch the order of letters or words)
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye)
- Strabismus (Eyes cannot maintain proper alignment)
- Brain injury
- Double vision
- Head trauma
- General reading comprehension problems
- Reading avoidance
- Learning disabilities
- ADHD (Visual problems can cause or contribute to ADD/ADHD)
- Difficulty maintaining concentration
- Accommodative dysfunction (Trouble adjusting focus from close-up to far away, quickly)
- And more
How Does Vision Therapy Work?
Normally, the eyes capture images and your brain processes them, assigning meaning. Sometimes one or more of the above conditions interrupts the eye-to-brain connection. When this occurs, count on developmental optometry for reading improvement. We provide neuro-visual rehabilitation therapy, which can include using lenses, prisms, eye movement exercise and/or occlusion with an eye patch.
If you suffer from any of the above eye/brain conditions or notice reading problems, consider visiting a developmental optometrist in Yakima. With clinics in Yakima and Kennewick, we serve patients from surrounding areas including Ellensburg, Pasco, Wenatchee and Richmond. Ask about our new patient offer: Free on-site visual skills screening. Call us at Washington Vision Therapy Center at 509-654-9256 today.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.